Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

Monday, July 10, 2017

Review - Dropcam/Nest Cam HD Wi-Fi Wireless Video Monitoring Camera



I've used various home monitoring systems over the past few years, but no camera has come close to the quality and ease of setup as the Dropcam HD. 


The connection with the router is very fast and easy. Simply involved plugging the camera into my computer via the supplied USB and following a few onscreen steps. Upon unplugging the Dropcam HD from my computer and plugging it into a wall outlet near where I wanted to place the camera, it automatically recognized my Y Fi and connected. 

The camera has a very good picture, and like all other cameras the "night vision" automatically becomes black and white.  I am impressed with the image quality and the wide angle of view. I'm also impressed with the software online that allows you to see different aspects of the image and enlarge it for a closer look, all without the camera moving at all. The free online software also allows you to see multiple cameras at the same time and select which one to enlarge for a closer look with a simple click on the image.

I  love this camera especially for the two-way audio feature. I can hear what is going on at home and makes me feel like I am home. It is so clear and I can monitor my kids at all times.  Without the need for an external speaker,  I just hit the Talk button when I want to talk,and my boys can hear me.

Sleek looking, easy to configure, great price, and dream-like access from any internet enabled device, Dropcam is now pretty much my only remote camera.

7/10/17 Update: The newer model Nest Cam got great reviews in the market as well,  For more information and the great price, please click the link below to Newegg



Nest Cam Indoor 1080p HD Day / Night 2-Way Audio Cloud Storage Security Camera Nest Cam Indoor 1080p HD Day / Night 2-Way Audio Cloud Storage Security Camera
Nest Cam Indoor 1080p HD Day / Night 2-Way Audio Cloud Storage Security Camera Camera Type: Indoor 1 pack Network Camera: Yes Type: Wireless Camera Color: Black Wireless: Yes Wireless Standard: IEEE 802.11b/g/n Wireless Frequency: 2.4 / 5.0 GHz Sensor: 1/3", 3MP sensor

No comments:

Post a Comment